Welcome to Car Insurance Quotes | Free Car Insurance Quotes | Auto Insurance Quotes


Friday, June 20, 2008

 

Buying and Running a Car - As Turbulent As the Wind

The wind was gusting as I put the washing out. Slightly humid, but dry enough to be sure that the laundry would be dried far quicker than a tumble dryer could do the job. This wind wasn't really for much else apart from drying clothes. Back indoors I picked up the weekend's post. Amongst the letters were adverts from two different car insurance companies. Before throwing them in the recycling I read the blurb to make sure there wasn't anything free with them, like a de-icer or tax disc holder, even though I need neither of the two. All I really need is a decent quote and a good car insurance policy.

With petrol rather pricey at the moment I thought it would be a good idea to use the scooter to drive to the coast. This silly wind, only good enough for drying clothes. Despite the warmth, there weren't many sailing boats out to sea. Even the birds weren't soaring about, what with the sudden gusts and then sudden calm proving too much of a hassle probably for most things to do with using the wind.

Walking a well trodden coast path I thought a bit more about whether to get a new car this year or MOT the old one. When I say new car I mean new to me, as this potential new car will be but another 10 year old at least runabout. Fortunately my car insurance comes up for renewal the same time as the MOT and tax.

Do I sell the car just before the end of the MOT? That's hard to do but at least you don't have the hassle of taking it for an MOT then it failing and being too expensive to repair and then sell on. Or I could scrap it before the MOT ends. What if I MOT'd it then it passed and was good for another year?

Too many options when you're on a budget that seems to take too much time to decide upon. Maybe I could just go without a car altogether. No. No way. I live in the countryside and even with a motorbike that would be impractical.

I could always just buy another car now if I see a good one, SORN it then garage it and see what happens with the old car at the MOT.

This gusty, unpredictable wind seemed to match my car choosing dilemma. At least car insurance was easy, thanks to all the online comparison sites and companies that have car insurance web sites.

I could even get a quote on a potential new car, or choose a make and model of car right now and get a car insurance quote for it online. That would help me decide on what car to buy. I don't mind so much being on a budget and not able to afford a new car when choosing car insurance is this easy.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]